CFA Felines and New Yorkers Will Be Purrfect Friends
NEW YORK, MAY 2, 2008 – The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA), the world's largest registry of pedigreed cats, announced today it will be hosting the 6th Annual CFA-Iams Cat Championship on October 18 -19 at Madison Square Garden. The show is one of the most prestigious cat shows scheduled for the 2008-2009 season. To learn more, please visit www.cfa-Iams-cat-championship.org.
The 2008 CFA-Iams Cat Championship Show will have the spotlight on hundreds
of show cats representing the 40 pedigreed breeds recognized by CFA. Among the
breeds that are expected to be at the Show are Japanese Bobtail, American Curl, Maine Coon, Egyptian Mau, Ragdoll, Cornish Rex, Ragdoll, Sphynx, Siamese, and
Also coming back to 2008 CFA-Iams Cat Championship will be several very
popular show favorites. Among the highlights are:
- Feline Agility Competition - Challenges cats to navigate a series of tunnels, mazes, and stairs in the fastest time possible.
- Adopt-a-Cat - Dozens of homeless cats, as chosen by the Mayor's Alliance for NYC Animals, will be available and in search of their new qualified families to go to their forever homes. This event is directly responsible for the adoption of over 1,500 cats in the previous five years.
- Iams Trained Cats - Hollywood's finest felines will be performing on-stage. Who knew that cats could play with more than one type of mouse or perform on command?
- New York's Largest Feline Shopping Mall - There's bound to be two, three, or ten must have items for your kitty! Thousands of fun feline things for cats, and their doting owners, will be on display. Cat condos, 14k jeweled cat collars, ID tags, interactive exercise toys, colorful litter boxes, art collectibles, grooming aids, cat carriers, cat trees, fine cat art, cat vitamins and feline supplements will be available for sale.
- Breed Showcase - Joan Miller, one of the leading authorities on cats, will provide a guided tour of the breeds, sparkled by information on the beauty, personality, and nature of the breeds, each represented by a specially-chosen feline delegate.
About Procter & Gamble Pet Care
For more than 60 years, Iams, a P&G (NYSE:PG) brand, has enhanced the well-being of cats and dogs by providing world-class quality foods and pet-care products. To learn more about Iams® Cat Food or general pet care and nutrition information, call the Iams Consumer Care Center at (800) 863-4267. You also can visit Iams on the Web at http://www.Iams.com .
About the CFA
Founded in 1906 as a non-profit association of member clubs, The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc. (CFA) is the world's largest registry of pedigreed cats. CFA's mission is to preserve the uniqueness and beauty of the pedigreed breeds of cats, and to enhance the well being of ALL cats. CFA promotes education, responsible cat ownership and proper care to the owners of millions of cats worldwide.
The CFA, headquartered in Manasquan, New Jersey, administers rules for the management of cat shows and promotes the interest of breeders and exhibitors of pedigreed cats. CFA and its affiliates work nationally with local shelters, at a grassroots level, to help improve the problem of stray cats and abuse, and to encourage neuter/spay programs. CFA has been instrumental in the development of several international charitable organizations such as CFA Disaster Relief, The Winn Feline Foundation and cat rescue and re-homing groups. For more information about the Cat Fanciers' Association, the pedigreed breeds of cats, or to find the nearest CFA cat show, visit www.cfa.org.